Wednesday 25 May 2011

a swan song........

well my dears this is my little tale of a beautiful swan.......i seen the above swan in the leicester oxfam  store, it had a hefty price tag of £6.99.......gasp..........i know ! charity shops and the prices they charge (although i do have to keep reminding myself they are for charity...it is a good cause........) well i stood in there for some time humming and ahhing, the dilemma i really love it should i pay that much etc......much to the dismay of mr blossom and daughter no. 2.........anyway after about 15 mins of pondering i decided to do the rest of our shopping and think about it............well i thought about, and i thought i can't live without such beauty..........and that our house definately needed a swan planter...really......what home should be without one !?!
 well after an afternoon of shopping i exitedly rushed back to oxfam to purchase said swan........well readers i had a shock........the beautiful swan was gone...sold.....no longer there......well i shed a little tear for my loss ! and kicked myself very swiftly for not buying it staight away there and then.......well a lesson was learned, and i decided, i need that swan planter or my life will not be complete...i trawled ebay but no swan......i wasn't going to give up......and this is where my swan song turns itself into a happy tale...........
the very next weekend i went a thrifting in a small town not too far from where i live.......i walked into the small oxfam store and there before my eyes was the very same swan at a very reasonable £2.99....i did a very happy jig.......much to the embarassment of daughter no.2 ! and on that same trip i picked up a little friend for my beautiful swan.......
you cannot see it too great in the pictures but the most beautiful thing about my swan is that it as very peachy tail feathers and a peachy stripe down the middle of it's head......i just need to pick up some plants to complete the look.....oh and more swans.......i have a swan bug !!!
and everytime i look at my peachy swan i sing this song............
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6J3uLLi9sw   and do a little dance..........

2 comments:

simmone said...

What a gorgeous pair fellow swan lover,at a bargain price too!Be warned these seem to breed while no-one else is looking.

jane said...

I can see a collections starting here..I love them. you could put all sorts in them..oohh I need to go look for one :)
x x x x